Man sentenced for strangling his wife to death, tried to make it looks like suicide

 Man sentenced for strangling his wife to death, tried to make it looks like suicide

According to court records, the 49-year-old defendant was convicted of the murder of his 41-year-old wife. The charges were first-degree murder and falsification of physical evidence, according to prosecutors. On April 4, 2019, the defendant reportedly strangled his wife to death at their family home because he blamed her for all of his problems.

For first-degree murder, the judge sentenced him to life in prison without the possibility of release, and for manipulating physical evidence, he was sentenced to one and a half to three years in prison. According to reports, he was sentenced on Tuesday, December 7.

Prosecutors claimed William Argie, 49, of New Hampshire, faced increasing debts as a result of gambling addiction, fell behind on car payments to the point of repossession, and was unable to hold down a job. And he blamed it all on his 41-year-old wife, Maureen Argie. After he killed his wife, the defendant fled to a casino, where he was found the next day, prosecutors said.

The defendant, 49, blamed his wife for all of his problems. A friend of the defendant testified that William had regularly expressed his desire to murder his wife. According to one of his friends, the defendant asked him to murder Maureen in return for half of the life insurance money ($400,000) on her. His friend refused.

Meanwhile, his wife was making plans for a new life. According to reports, the woman intended to leave her husband and live with their children.

“He would not let Maureen win. He could not let her be free and happy.” said prosecutor Hinckley.

Prosecutors were told by the defendant that he found his wife hanging in their bedroom. According to reports, the defendant admitted to taking his wife’s car and cell phone but denied stealing her debit card. This card was used to get a hotel room at the casino as well as a Dunkin Donuts on the way there.

Prosecutors stated the 41-year-old victim showed no signs of suicidal thoughts. There was no suicidal talk, behavior, or the like. She had a strong support system that included close friends and family, long-term work, and, of course, her children, whom she would never leave.

Related post